When Was the Last Time You Wept in the Lord’s Presence?

I ask myself this on the regular, but not because I want to put myself under a law of my own making. Nor do I want to addict myself to a certain emotional experience or state of mind or otherwise subject myself to an unrealistic or unsustainable expectation.

Rather, I fear departing from my first love, allowing my heart to grow cold and complacent, taking the precious mercy of God for granted.

I know that dry spells are a part of every believer’s experience over the long haul.

Still, I beg Christ to be my ever-watchful vigilance against becoming lukewarm, lazy, distracted, etc.

Lord, burn within my heart, I pray!

Ultimately, as long as my mind and heart think of Him, as long as my innermost being turns to Him, and as long as my conscious will looks to Him to be my life; as long as I’m loving and serving the Lord, my wife, and the brothers and the sisters in my life; as long as I am bearing fruit in season; and as long as I remain a loving, faithful and loyal slave to Him (all and only through the power of His life within me, of course) – those are the main things. Still, if I go more than a day or two without shedding some tears or otherwise being stirred by feelings of love and gratitude unto Him, I get concerned.

I welcome your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Declaration of Dependence

What I Love the Most About Fasting: Feeling Closer to the Lord

Praying The Scriptures: Psalm 101: “I Will Walk With Integrity. [And So Shall You.]” A Declaration of the Triune God to the Church