Devotional Exercise: Praying the Psalms as Christ: Psalm 1

This blog will present, among a variety of content, certain devotional exercises from a paradigm that views the Psalms as the recorded prayers of Jesus Christ, a concept introduced to me by Frank Viola. In this context, then, pray Psalm 1 in the name of the Lord Jesus (which is to say, AS the Lord Jesus), as the Eternal Son, praying to His heavenly Father. One example follows. May God the Father and God the Son and the fellowship they have through God the Holy Spirit be revealed to you in a fresh, new way, through this exercise.

“My Heavenly Father, blessed indeed is that man that does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful.

“But his delight in is your precious Word, and in You, and in your Word does he meditate, and in your Presence does he abide day and night, day and night, day and night.

“This blessed one will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

“My Heavenly Father, the Son can do nothing, can be nothing, without the Father. It is only by and through the indwelling life of the Father that the Son can do and be anything. Through Your life and grace, I am a blessed man that does not walk in the counsel of the ungodly. I am a blessed man that does not stand in the way of sinners. I am a blessed man that does not sit in the seat of the scornful.

“Through Your life and grace, my delight is in your precious Word, and in You, and in your Word, in your Person, and in your Presence do I meditate and abide day and night, day and night, day and night, world without end.

“Thanks to You and Your grace and life within, I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water. Father, deep in my Spirit, You are that tree, You are that water, and Your works and manifestations of Your Spirit are the fruit that we bring forth in our season. By the power of Your might and divine life within, our leaf will never wither, the gates of Hades will never prevail against it, and everything We put Our hand to will prosper.

“The ungodly and those of the flesh are not so. Because they cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, they are like the chaff which the wind drives away.

“Therefore, the ungodly and those of the flesh shall not stand in the judgment, nor will evil doers, sinners, and those who refuse to accept He Whom You have sent stand among the congregation of the righteous who have believed in You.

“For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, just as I know My sheep and they know My voice and do My will. But the way of the ungodly and those of the flesh shall perish.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Declaration of Dependence

What I Love the Most About Fasting: Feeling Closer to the Lord

Praying The Scriptures: Psalm 101: “I Will Walk With Integrity. [And So Shall You.]” A Declaration of the Triune God to the Church